Athletes Without Limits National Tennis Players
We’re looking for US tennis players with intellectual disability to represent the US and compete at high-level Virtus and other tennis events throughout the world. Athletes must meet established criteria for intellectual impairment and apply for Virtus Eligibility. For more information please contact us.
- 2023 US Open AWL Exhibition Invitational (New York)
- 2023 Virtus Global Games (France)
- 2020 Virtus Tennis World Championships (Belgium) Cancelled Due to Covid
- 2017 Virtus Tennis World Championships (United Kingdom)
- 2016 Virtus Tennis World Championships (Hosted by AWL) (Delaware)
- 2015 Virtus Global Games (Ecuador)
- 2014 Virtus Tennis World Championships in Mont-de-Marsan (France)
- 2014 Australian Tennis Championships at The Australian Open (Australia)
In 2013 Athletes Without Limits launched the first high-performance US Tennis Team for athletes with intellectual impairment. We are proud to have many strong players (including former Virtus World Champions) among our ranks. Scroll below to meet the players and coaches, who hail from throughout the United States.
In 2016 Athletes Without Limits hosted the Virtus Tennis World Championships in Sea Colony, Delaware bringing a Virtus World Championship event to the U.S. for the first time (in any sport).
VIRTUS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLES (held by US Players)
- 2014 Women’s Singles: Brittany Tagliareni
- 2014 Women’s Doubles: Brittany Tagliareni & Katherine Richards