Athlete Protection: Safesport & Concussion Awareness
Athletes Without Limits is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for athletes’ physical, emotional and social development and to ensuring that it promotes an environment free of misconduct. While we recognize that the process for training and motivating athletes will vary with each coach and athlete, it is nevertheless important for everyone involved in sport to support the use of motivational and training methods that avoid misconduct.
Keeping athletes healthy and safe is a top priority, therefore Athletes Without Limits confirms that our coaches and core volunteers complete and maintain current Safesport Training. (In most sports Coaches are already required to complete Safesport Training to maintain their coaching credentials.)…
To continue reading use the link below to download a PDF copy of Athletes Without Limits’ Athlete Protection Policy which contains Athlete Safety Complaint Forms and Incident Forms.
A. SAFESPORT TRAINING FOR GENERAL VOLUNTEERS:
If you need to complete the course as a general volunteer or chaperone who is not affiliated with a National Sport Governing body (like USA Swimming or USRowing, etc.) you can use the general link below (click LOGIN, than SIGNUP to create an account and select the 90-minute Safesport Core Training course from the Catalog: https://safesporttrained.org
B. SAFESPORT TRAINING FOR CREDENTIALED COACHES:
- USA Basketball (training through Safesport NGB page)
- USA Cycling (training link)
- US Equestrian (training through member portal)
- US Karate (training through Sport:80 member portal)
- USRowing (free Safesport training through member portal)
- US Sailing (link to Safesport training)
- US Ski & Snowboard (Safesport training information)
- USA Swimming (annual training through USA Swimming account)
- USA Table Tennis (email liason to get Safesport training code)
- USTA Tennis (link to training resources)
- USA Taekwondo (annual training through Sport:80 member portal)
- USA Track & Field (training available through USATF Connect portal)
Keeping athletes healthy and safe is a top priority, therefore Athletes Without Limits is requiring our coaches and core volunteers to complete the CDC Coaches Training Course on concussion and brain injury awareness. We also now include the CDC Concussion awareness educational flyer in our athlete application.
We strongly encourage parents and athletes to also use the training resources available on the CDC Heads Up website so that everyone in the Athletes Without Limits family can better recognize, respond to, and minimize the risk of concussion or other serious brain injury.
A. HEADS UP to Youth Sports Training Links:
- Online Training for Coaches
- Online Training for Sports Officials
- Online Training for Parents
- Online Training for Others
3. Upload Your Certificates
Coaches and Volunteers can use the form below to submit your completed Safesport & CDC Training Certificates to Athletes Without Limits:Submit Your Certificates