2010 U.S. Paralympics Track & Field National Championships
For the first time in over a decade, Paralympic Track & Field will be including a class for T20 (intellectually disabled) athletes for the 1500m, shot put and long jump starting with the 2010 U.S. National Championships in June 2010. The National Championships are a potential qualifier for the January 2011 IPC World Championships in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Date: June 15-20, 2010
- June 15-17: Tentative Classification dates
- June 15-20: Registration
- June 15-17: Training
- June 18-20: Competition
Location: Miramar, Florida
Venue: Ansin Sports Complex
Organized by: US Paralympics
Eligiblity for Athletes with Intellectual Disability Managed by: Athletes Without Limits, US Member of Inas International Federation
Qualification Standards for T20 Athletes with Intellectual Disability:
In order to compete at the National meet, T20 athletes must have made the qualifying times below. U.S. Paralympics accepted events for entry into the National Championships or to achieve National Team status include competitions sanctioned, approved or recognized by the following governing bodies: IPC, USATF, NCAA, State HS Championships or Special Olympics State Meets. Events must have three (3) or more competitors in the event (any class) and USATF and/or IPC certified officials shall have conducted the competition. Results must be Fully Automatic Timed (FAT) with wind gauge readings.
Please download the U.S. Paralympic Guidelines for T20 Athletes for more detailed information.
Events and Qualifying Times:
(Look under the “Elite Standard for National Championships” column in the table below for the minimum qualifying times for this event.)
Contact Athletes Without Limits (http://www.athleteswithoutlimits.org/about/contact) if you are interested in this event as there are special instructions for athletes with intellectual disability. A general outline of steps is below.
- Eligibility Application: Athletes must first submit an eligibility application to Athletes Without Limits by June 1, 2010 before registering for this event. There is a one-time $30 processing fee.
Note: Step 1 must be completed before moving on to steps 2-5.
- Proof of [Qualifying] Performance Form: Athletes must submit this form showing their qualifying time at an approved meet.
- IPC License Application: All participants must have an International Paralympic License. Athletes Without Limits will submit this form on behalf of the athletes and will cover the $25 license fee.)
- Register for the event online at the US Paralympics website. The registration deadline is June 14, 2010 and there is a $55 registration fee.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements using the information provides on the event website. You will want to review the event schedule for planning travel dates.
Further information on the meet, hotels, and area can be found at the event website:
Questions: Contact Athletes Without Limits (http://www.athleteswithoutlimits.org/about/contact)